I use this blog to show my illustration and design work. If you don't have a blogspot account, you can send comments or inquiries to:





DavinLassiter@gmail.com



Twitter: MisterLassiter



Facebook.com/blendintoshadows







Thursday, April 15, 2010

ATL 2010




This is the third cd cover I did for DJ Atlas. "ATL 2010" is a compilation of Atlanta's more well-known rappers like Gucci Mane, etc. It's done in Photoshop and Illustrator. I believe I drew the shapes in Illustrator, then added the glow in Photoshop, and the chrome text was also Photoshop. That's the way I usually work. The font is Borg9, like the people from Star Trek, I think.

I consider myself an illustrator first, so I wanted something that felt like a hiphop cd cover, but I didn't want it to be a rapper photoshopped into a fake setting like I feel like I've seen too many times. Or sitting on a vehicle. I think the whole thing has a logo-type quality to it, especially the inside cover. What do you all think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment