I use this blog to show my illustration and design work. If you don't have a blogspot account, you can send comments or inquiries to:





DavinLassiter@gmail.com



Twitter: MisterLassiter



Facebook.com/blendintoshadows







Monday, April 19, 2010

Chomp Fighter



I did this piece sometime in 2006 when I was working as a designer at a sign shop and business was either slow, or we were at the end of the day. I'm not sure why I was drawing a hot dog that threw potato chips, but I was.

For those of you not familiar with video games, the arrows at the bottom represent what's called the fireball command. In some games, moving the joystick in quick succession in that direction plus a certain button at the end of the motion causes your character to do a special attack. It's common in a lot of those types of games, and the first time it was used, it was used to throw fireballs, so gamers know it as the fireball command.

This was done in a program similar to Illustrator called Flexisign that I used in the sign shop. It does most things much faster than Illustrator. It's similar to Corel Draw, but works faster than Corel too. The only thing is I'm not sure if it's able to do some of the things Illustrator and Corel can do visually as far as things being more realistic. Sign shop design is like designing classified ads or phonebook ads, so you don't usually need to do anything more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment