I use this blog to show my illustration and design work. If you don't have a blogspot account, you can send comments or inquiries to:





DavinLassiter@gmail.com



Twitter: MisterLassiter



Facebook.com/blendintoshadows







Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mario Brothers at the Oscars



This is another Computer Illustration project from the Art Institute. I had to find a date in history that maybe hadn't been that well known, so I picked the first movie ever made from a video game. From that I showed Mario and Luigi receiving the Oscar.

I again worked from a sketch, and did the final work in Illustrator. The curtain was a photo that I added an Illustrator effect too. Nearly crashed the computer, I think. I used references of people crying while giving Oscar speeches to do Mario's pose. I think his was based on Nicole Kidman's picture. The font is based on the letters that spell out "Hollywood" in California. Again, Dafont.com for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment