I use this blog to show my illustration and design work. If you don't have a blogspot account, you can send comments or inquiries to:





DavinLassiter@gmail.com



Twitter: MisterLassiter



Facebook.com/blendintoshadows







Monday, April 19, 2010

The Singing Catfish



This was done for a fishfry/karaoke t-shirt for someone I once knew. They asked me for it late, so it never got used. Instead they had clipart on the back of a crawfish.

I did this piece from sketches, I believe. I remember not knowing whether I wanted to do this in Illustrator or Photoshop at first. I ended up doing it in Illustrator with a Wacom tablet. There's a scratchy brush in Illustrator that I've used for some of my favorite projects. I'm working on a project now that uses that type of brush, but it has a way more serious tone to it. I like the slight roughness of the piece in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment