I use this blog to show my illustration and design work. If you don't have a blogspot account, you can send comments or inquiries to:





DavinLassiter@gmail.com



Twitter: MisterLassiter



Facebook.com/blendintoshadows







Monday, April 19, 2010

Blue Boys FC



The Blue Boys were a soccer team I coached once. They chose the team name b/c we wore blue. They were about 6 years old, so I wanted to do something that a kid would like, but maybe wouldn't look out of place on someone older.

This one is done all in Illustrator, except for me using Photoshop to import it in off the scanner. Then after that it was just the drawing tools in Illustrator and matching the colors to the kids' kits (the English say 'kits' instead of uniforms, and I like to use their words when talking about soccer). I wanted the mascot to be energetic and mischievous like my players were. The font is Bauhaus 93. For people that don't know the game, FC stands for Football Club, like the rest of the world calls it football instead of soccer, because Americans are silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment