I use this blog to show my illustration and design work. If you don't have a blogspot account, you can send comments or inquiries to:





DavinLassiter@gmail.com



Twitter: MisterLassiter



Facebook.com/blendintoshadows







Monday, April 19, 2010

Barca vs Arsenal teaser poster from 2006



I did this piece for fun. I don't support either team, but I'll watch either when they're on tv. I wanted to do something like boxing or UFC does on their posters where they have the fighters, then a picture of the arena they're going to fight at, so since the final was in Paris, I used the Eiffel tower. I guess I did this around the time the actual game was on.

It's a Photoshop composite. The picture of the Eiffel tower is from sxc.hu. That's my main stock photography website. It was black and white, but I added color to the sky in Photoshop. I imported the team crests and UEFA logo from my collection of soccer crests I found on the internet. I used the perspective tool on the crests. I don't see that tool used a lot, but Photoshop and Illustrator have one. It's useful for the types of things I do, and I like seeing things in other ways other than just straight on sometimes. I think the font is Bank Gothic.

No comments:

Post a Comment