I use this blog to show my illustration and design work. If you don't have a blogspot account, you can send comments or inquiries to:





DavinLassiter@gmail.com



Twitter: MisterLassiter



Facebook.com/blendintoshadows







Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pteron



I did this for my Conceptual Illustration class. It's a book cover dealing with bat-like creatures.

I did the creatures in Illustrator; I copied and pasted the bats but moved their wings into different positions so that they wouldn't all fly the same. That's the advantage of not drawing on paper; you can move things around easier when you have similar objects to create. But it's not that big of a deal to have to draw them, but it's faster by computer. It was like playing with a toy that had movable wings. You adjust the wings with the mouse instead of your hands. The background was done in Photoshop. The sky was done from a stock photo that was colorized in Photoshop, and I think the filter was Film Grain to give the sky that scratchy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment